Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: "Gerald Bauer" <firstname.lastname@example.org>,"Don Demsak" <email@example.com>,<firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: [xml-dev] What is XAML? A technique? A language? Both? XML# or XML++?
- From: "Dare Obasanjo" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 10:58:58 -0800
- Thread-index: AcTDaC0uTb1e5rTGQayrPvpMbas8xgAAVRVE
- Thread-topic: [xml-dev] What is XAML? A technique? A language? Both? XML# or XML++?
XAML = technology for converting markup to code
Avalon = The next generation of UI classes for the .NET Framework after Winforms
XAML + Avalon = Markup language for building UIs in the .NET Framework
XAML + Winforms = Markup language for building UIs in the .NET Framework
XAML + ADO.NET = Markup language for building database applications in the .NET Framework
XAML + System.Xml = Markup language for building XML applications in the .NET Framework
I'm sure you get the point.
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
There is nothing more satisfying that having someone take a shot at you, and miss.
From: Gerald Bauer [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Sent: Fri 11/5/2004 10:49 AM
To: Dare Obasanjo; Don Demsak; email@example.com
Subject: RE: [xml-dev] What is XAML? A technique? A language? Both? XML# or XML++?
> It seems you have confused Avalon & XAML. Nowwhere
> in the doc do you link to do I see that list called
> the "XAML tag reference". I do however see a mention
> of "the list of 'Avalon' elements that can be used
> in XAML".
It seems you're in denial. If a list of XAML tags
is not a "XAML tag reference" than please let us know
what you call it.
Also allow me to quote some descriptions from the
XAML tag reference:
* Table - Table is used to display complex data in
tabular form using "XAML".
* Pane - Provides a way to define window properties
in "XAML" without launching a new window.
* and so on
Finally, allow me to highlight some descriptions
that show that XAML is clearly targeted as an HTML
* Paragraph - Implements a block-level element used
to render text in a paragraph. Rendering behavior is
analagous to that of the paragraph element in HTML.
* Note - Implements a Note element, which is
analagous to the BLOCKQUOTE Element in HTML.
* and so on
Rich Client Conference (RichCon) 2005 -
XUL News Wire - http://xulnews.com
XUL Alliance - http://xulalliance.org
Post your free ad now! http://personals.yahoo.ca