   RE: [xml-dev] What is XAML? A technique? A language? Both? XML# o r XML

Possibly it can do all of that, but the facts on the ground
are that there will be content types such as SVG and if they
implement those, some companies out there lose market share
by default, put people out of work, and dominate the standard.
SVG is a case where they stepped back and ceded a content
market.  Of course one can do that in XAML.  I can do it using
the GDI. But why do it?  The plugins work for me.

If they do it, they're accused of being monopolists.  If they
don't, they're accused of ignoring standards.  You can't have
it both ways.  If this is yet another, 'kill MS' ploy, it
won't work.  It just raises blood pressure and shortens
your life like those folks in San Francisco who hit the
streets in protest of the election results.  They had a good
time I guess but accomplished not much.  Better to get
ready for the next round.  SVG is a done deal for Adobe,
etc.  HTML is a done deal for all browsers.  XAML is a
deal in progress for MS.  Will it become a standard?
I doubt that interests MS at this time but it could later.
Then what?  Will the Moz developers implement it?  I doubt
it.  Will that make them rotters who ignore standards?  I
guess, but no worse or better.

We have to accept what we embraced:  XML is a metalanguage
for creating languages.  XAML is one.

len