   XAML is the new XML for .NET

Hello Sergio,

>> * I do not say MyXaml is a language but rather a
parser

> In other words: XAML is a XML Application not a XML
> Vocabulary, because it needs some special treatment
> when parsing the XML document..., is this right?

   First, to clarify the statement about MyXAML is not
mine but from Marc Clifton.

   The new cleaned-up XAML Microsoft is working on
will be like MyXAML a domain-neutral format competing
with plain vanilla XML. XAML is neither a XML
application nor a XML vocabulary. XAML is a sort of
XML# or XML++ like XML is a sort of SGML--. To use
XAML like XML you need a parser e.g instead of using a
XML parser you now need to use a XAML parser that
supports compound syntax, binding syntax, styling
syntax, etc.

   Microsoft's upcoming markup languages competing
with HTML, SVG, XSL-FO, etc. will not be XML
applications or XML vocabularies but XAML applications
or XAML vocabularies.

   - Gerald