   Re: [xml-dev] XML Performance in Client-Server Interactions

Here's another data point for the server side of things.

If I recall correctly, some users of my middleware (XML-DBMS, which
"XML-enables" a relational database) have reported insert rates on the
order of ~1000 rows per second. Note that this does not translate
directly to documents. A document could contain a single row of data or
millions of rows of data.

I don't know what database this was on, but the software is written in
Java, uses JDBC, and I have spent more time on usability than
performance. Presumably, the big boys will perform much better than this.

-- Ron