   [ann] TeXML 1.2 is out

Hello,

TeXML is an XML vocabulary for TeX. The processor transforms TeXML
markup into the TeX markup, escaping special and out-of-encoding
characters. The intended audience is developers who automatically
generate TeX files.

TeXML 1.2 is the second major release of TeXML. We are thankful
to everyone who has sent us feedback, use cases, and requests for
improvement. This made our software better.

TeXML 1.2 is substantially improved as compared to version
1.0. Certainly, several bugs are fixed, but we also introduced an
important new feature.

The main new feature is an automatic laying out of the generated LaTeX
code. In fully automatic mode, the TeXML processor deletes redundant
spaces and splits long lines on smaller chunks. The generated LaTeX
code is legible enough for humans to read and modify. With some minor
tweaking it is possible to generate code which looks hand-made.

The documentation now also contains a Quick Start guide which helps
a new user get acquainted with TeXML.

TeXML was presented at a conference, and the conference's talk is now
a part of the documentation. This paper explains the need for TeXML,
gives a brief overview and demonstrates benefits of TeXML.

The TeXML home page is located at http://getfo.sourceforge.net/texml/

Regards,    Oleg Paraschenko