   RE: [xml-dev] Canonicalizer that uses XML Schemas (rather than DTDs)?

Rich Salz wrote:

> Hm, the C14N stuff I am familiar with (c14n and exc-c14n as part of XML
> DSIG at W3C) are DTD-unaware.  Which mechanism uses the DTD to fill in
> attribute values, or whatever?

In Section 1.1 of Canonical XML Version 1.0 it says:

- Default attributes are added to each element

When I run the canonicalizer tool that comes with the Apache security suite
it fills in default values (by harvesting the default values from the DTD
specified in the DOCTYPE declaration).

/Roger