Lists Home |
Date Index |
> I think that if you really wanted to, you could get 99% of this speed
> up anyway. Don't check the characters, check the name against the
> DTD, and then only if it isn't declared check the characters and
> then fake a declaration so it will be quick next time.
You don't even need a DTD, you can just check it against the names you've
already seen in the instance.
I actually tried to get some extra speed out of AElfred by using this kind
of technique (basically trying to get AElfred to take advantage of the name
pool that Saxon already maintains, and to reduce duplication in other areas
such as namespace handling). I got a boost of about 5% on an identity
transformation, but Xerces+Saxon was still 5% faster, so I gave up.
That was a couple of months ago, when hardware was 5% slower than it is