   Re: [xml-dev] Hostility to "binary XML" (was Re: [xml-dev] XML 2004weblo

Bill Kearney wrote:
> Finally, if people think browser compatibility on desktops is bad, try
> phones.  If they have some common denominator it's one that sucks worse than
> plain HTML did on NS2.  Having a way to save bandwidth bits only to end up
> there just isn't lighting anyone's fire.

Hmm, sure, in fact that's probably in a nutshell the summary of the
Mobile Web Initiative workshop that took place last week.

But don't worry, the incentive to get much better content than that on
mobile devices is extremely high (and in part already there for those in
the least mobile-retarded areas of the planet). I'm talking about what
happens when that content grows much, much more, knowing that that's soon.

--
Robin Berjon