From: Jonathan Robie [mailto:jonathan.robie@datadirect.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 3:07 PM
To: Dare Obasanjo
Cc: Daniela Florescu; Elliotte Harold; Michael Champion;
xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] XML-aware programming language?

Dare Obasanjo wrote:

> Of course, I wouldn't expect people who've only considered the XQuery
> data model for read only operations such as members of the working
group
> like yourself and Dana to have come across these issues.

That's pretty funny. Dana and I, along with Don and Michael Rys, wrote
the proposal for XQuery updates in 2000, and that's not the last time
we've thought about updates in XQuery.

Can I feel free to make up descriptions of you that imply that you
haven't ever thought of all the wonderful and important things I spend
my time thinking about? Or should we get back to technical discussion?

Jonathan