From: Jonathan Robie [mailto:jonathan.robie@datadirect.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 3:31 PM
To: Dare Obasanjo
Cc: Daniela Florescu; Elliotte Harold; Michael Champion;
xml-dev@lists.xml.org
Subject: Re: [xml-dev] XML-aware programming language?

But I just looked at your Blog. It's largely about namespaces, and I
don't see that it's specific to the XQuery Data Model, I think you're
saying that namespaces in XML make updates harder. The other part is
largely about the schema validity property. Both of these make queries
more complex, in read-only mode too, but especially when udpates are
involved. Is any of this specific to the XQuery data model, or are you
mainly saying that XML Schema and namespaces make a lot of things much
more complex than they need to be?

That part is well known...

Jonathan