Lists Home |
Date Index |
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: [xml-dev] XML Pipeline
- From: Christopher Milton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 12:19:54 -0800 (PST)
- Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; b=4Ruo75OWIxOn8mA4ql2ah7oMxr6CXxyMwaExNOP0XyTbaovYoQMv3latM1kZpWG5IR8MQcsHJ5IYzcqjhwLiW0qZx9AL29dedKSnjXrlpL5UFLlEBR4qs1FDFpWoFyf+KlYHZht4vjIxEm6IfeA6eQ+sVTSEcxSFfnprJF5hNKc= ;
- In-reply-to: <009801c4d941$ad985600$6501a8c0@dell8100>
--- "Stephen E. Beller" <email@example.com> wrote:
> I have the need to pass a data file sequentially through a "pipeline" of
> users. Each user must render the contents from the file received, add and/or
> modify certain data elements specific to that user, and then pass the file
> to next person in the pipeline who must do the same, etc.
> Along the way, any additions and modifications must be tracked for auditing
> At the end of pipeline the data file (with all the additions, modifications
> and audit information) must be rendered.
> Can this be done effectively using XML?
You could use XSLT to render a different (X)HTML Form page for
each user, displaying input elements only for the data elements
that the specific user is allowed to add/modify.