   Re: [xml-dev] Data streams

Hey

> (a) the longer the tags or the shorter the data elements, the
> less sense it makes to transport the data via XML and (b) the shorter the
> tags or the longer the data elements, the more sense it makes to
> transport
> the data via XML. Anyone disagree?

Another design philosophy I've heard is something along the lines of:
"Design to preserve as much information as possible.  When performance
issues are encountered evaluate specific solutions to optimizing."  These
solutions may involve shortening markup or other approaches, depending on
what best suites the specific optimization.

I first heard this in relation to normalizing relational DBs but I think
it applies to XML markup as well?

---->N

--