   RE: [xml-dev] Data streams

Here's the actual code generated by Excel:

<?xml version="1.0" ?>
- <Workbook xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet"
xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office"
xmlns:x="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel"
xmlns:ss="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:spreadsheet"
xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40";>
- <DocumentProperties xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office">
  <Author>SEB</Author>
  <LastAuthor>SEB</LastAuthor>
  <Created>2004-12-06T20:40:33Z</Created>
  <Company>abc</Company>
  <Version>10.6714</Version>
  </DocumentProperties>
- <OfficeDocumentSettings xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office">
  <DownloadComponents />
  <LocationOfComponents HRef="file:///\\" />
  </OfficeDocumentSettings>
- <ExcelWorkbook xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel">
  <WindowHeight>9345</WindowHeight>
  <WindowWidth>15225</WindowWidth>
  <WindowTopX>0</WindowTopX>
  <WindowTopY>60</WindowTopY>
  <ProtectStructure>False</ProtectStructure>
  <ProtectWindows>False</ProtectWindows>
  </ExcelWorkbook>
- <Styles>
- <Style ss:ID="Default" ss:Name="Normal">
  <Alignment ss:Vertical="Bottom" />
  <Borders />
  <Font ss:FontName="Tahoma" />
  <Interior />
  <NumberFormat />
  <Protection />
  </Style>
  </Styles>
- <Worksheet ss:Name="Sheet1">
- <Table ss:ExpandedColumnCount="1" ss:ExpandedRowCount="100"
x:FullColumns="1" x:FullRows="1">
- <Row>
- <Cell>
  <Data ss:Type="Number">1</Data>
  </Cell>
  </Row>
- <Row>
- <Cell>
  <Data ss:Type="Number">1</Data>
  </Cell>
  </Row>
- <Row>
- <Cell>
    ==================================
... [ Note: The lines above repeat for every data element ]  ...
    ==================================
</Table>
- <WorksheetOptions xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:excel">
  <Selected />
- <Panes>
- <Pane>
  <Number>3</Number>
  <RangeSelection>R1C1:R100C1</RangeSelection>
  </Pane>
  </Panes>
  <ProtectObjects>False</ProtectObjects>
  <ProtectScenarios>False</ProtectScenarios>
  </WorksheetOptions>
  </Worksheet>
  </Workbook>

As I said, Excel adds about 50 lines per file that are not directly related
to the data elements, although some are necessary for any XML doc.

Steve