   Re: [xml-dev] Data streams

> The XML Spreadsheet contains all the necessary information to reconstruct an
> Excel spreadsheet, cell formatting, formulas, fonts, etc.  You can open this
> XML file in Excel and it will display exactly the same
> formatting/formulas/etc. as it would if you had saved the spreadsheet in the
> native .xls format.

Not that it would have any bearing on the argument, but I am curious--
what are the numbers for the .xls file? Original size, compression
factor, etc. Comparing that with the XML version might be slightly more
correlary (if still inexact). And then we can kick up the whole binary
serialization argument...

All the best,
Jeff Rafter