   RE: [xml-dev] What niche is XQuery targeting?

>  > 2. Heavily recursive programming in XSLT is far less common that it
>  > seems to be perceived here.
>
> Are you saying that XSLT stylesheets that revolve around
> <xsl:apply-templates/> are not common?

Most people don't think of xsl:apply-templates as recursion. In the most
common usage pattern, it's only recursive if the data is recursive. If the
tree has different element names at each level, then template rules of the
style <xsl:template match="n"> invoked using <xsl:apply-templates/> are not
recursive.

The original remark referred, I think, to explicit recursion.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/