   RE: [xml-dev] XML-aware programming language?

> "Tim Bray declared that to understand XSLT you must first reach up
> with both hands and grab the two halves of your brain peeling each
> back until you have successfully turned your brain completely inside
> out ...Are we all masochists???!!!" "

The same was true, in my personal experience, of understanding goto-less
programming, relational calculus, and object-oriented programming. The fact
that something is conceptually very different from the way you have
programmed in the past is not, historically, a barrier to adoption, provided
that those who have made the journey are prepared to tell the world that it
was worthwhile.

Some people have reported that non-programmers, who still think that x=x+1
looks like nonsense, find the concepts much easier.

Michael Kay