   RE: [xml-dev] What niche is XQuery targeting?

> I wonder what the impact will be of the IBM announcement
> of an architecture in which an XML native database and
> a relational database sit side by side.   Anyone know if
> this will be using XQuery?
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/12/09/ibm_database_goalposts/

Yes, I think you can be reasonably sure that they will be using XQuery.

It would be nice to see what IBM actually said rather than this incredibly
superficial piece of analysis. Are we really supposed to believe that Oracle
and Microsoft will be "frothing at the mouth" because IBM have belatedly
issued a press release describing their marketechture?

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/