   RE: [xml-dev] What niche is XQuery targeting?

Fair enough. The question is why would they bet on XQuery and not XSLT? XSLT is much more powerful in my mind if we are interested in translating messages.

What am i missing?
prakash
Michael Rys <mrys@microsoft.com> wrote:
Whoa, what a lively discussion and I am spending my time on work :-).

Ron, with all respect, if you ask a certain subset of users/adopters
about how they plan on using a certain technology, don't be surprised if
they provide an answer that is influenced by their context. If you would
have asked a company like BEA or other companies that are more
interested in transforming streaming data, you may have heart more about
"translating messages".

Best regards
Michael