   Re: [xml-dev] A Systematic Approach to using Simple XML Vocabularies to

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004 09:37:37 +0000, Christian Nentwich
<christian@systemwire.com> wrote:
> Roger,
>
> let's see:
>  - The first approach does not scale - it will get too complex when
>  you then want to reuse your invoice to build a yet larger model. Too
>  much indirection to resolve.
>  - The second approach does not impress me at all. It is weakly
>  typed, not schema validatable, and the tags are not
>  self-descriptive. Heaven help the support guy who has to pull that
>  document.

I think my other replies make it clear that you'd want at least a type
attribute.  Note, however, if you're building a large complex system
the issue isn't documents, it's data transport between layers.  Eg,
for the support person dealing with building a metadata driven GUI the
second instance is a whole lot easier to deal with than having to code
for 1000's of individual element names...

<snip/>

--
Peter Hunsberger