   RE: [xml-dev] Valid reference to external namespace?

  • To: "Ezell, Joel M \(Joel\)" <joele@avaya.com>, <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Valid reference to external namespace?
  • From: "Chiusano Joseph" <chiusano_joseph@bah.com>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 17:44:35 -0500

You have the correct approach in general - you will need to include (or import, depending on whether the target namespace of the external schema is the same as the "main" schema) the schema that contains the RegisterDevice type. Given the information below, it's impossible to tell if it's correct as the reader cannot tell whether or not the RegisterDevice type is in one of the 2 schemas you've included.

You also need to include the target namespace for each included schema - it's missing.

There is also no prefix definition for "acx:" in the schema below, but there should be one.

Hope that helps.

Kind Regards,
Joseph Chiusano
Booz Allen Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World