   Re: [xml-dev] draft-rsalz-qname-urn

Rich Salz wrote:
>     This specification defines a Uniform Resource Name namespace for XML
> namespace-qualified names, QNames. As long as the URN is encoded in the
> same character set as the document containing the original QName, the
> Qname URN provides enough information to maintain the semantics, and
> optionally the exact syntax, of the original name.

This is interesting. One small thing I'm not sure I get right is that
you have this grammar:

    qnameURN               = "qname" ":" prefix ":" localname ":" uri
    prefix                 = ncname / "" / "*"

And right afterwards one of the examples is:

   urn:qname:Reject:http://w3.org/2002/xkms#

(for a QName with no prefix). Somehow that seems wrong, especially
considering the verbiage about the "fourth part" above, since there no
longer is a fourth part in the above example (which also becomes
impossible to parse unambiguously without validating that you have a
correct URI at the end, provided it even is generally possible).

Am I correct to infer that the example should be:

   urn:qname::Reject:http://w3.org/2002/xkms#

and if not, may I suggest that it become that?

--
Robin Berjon