   Re: [xml-dev] Xerces, schema caching, and namespaces

I've done a schema cache implementation using Xerces-J. In cases where a
schema location hint is provided, I compare both namespace and location.
If a cache didn't use the location hint when provided, I would consider
it to be broken unless the user had given specific instructions to
ignore the hint.

But if no schema location is specified, which is perfectly legitimate,
the cache will return any schema with the same namespace (or no
namespace). Though this could cause problems, it seems to fit the usage
patterns of people who do not like to specify locations, who tend to set
up a 1-1 correspondence between schema and namespace.

Bob Foster
http://xmlbuddy.com/