   Re: [xml-dev] ANN: Amara XML Toolkit 0.9.0

On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 08:46 -0500, John Cowan wrote:
> Uche Ogbuji scripsit:
>
> > More on Tenorsax to come, for sure, because I do think many will find it
> > very useful.
>
> Indeed.  Ian E. Gorman's GXPARSE (which he presented at Extreme '04)
> is something very similar in the Java world, using threads rather
> than generators; details at gxparse.sf.net.

That looks interesting.  Thanks for the ref.

> He also provides some very interesting facilities for writing content
> out of order, based on the ideas of markable buffers (you can go
> back to a mark and put more stuff there, and everything you've written
> since the mark is pushed forward) and a stack of writers.

I found the example at
http://gxparse.sourceforge.net/examples/XmlToTextFrame.html
.  The resumable buffer idea is interesting, and I think I'll create
such a beast as a utility class for Tenorsax.  I've also pondered that
one can solve the more general problem of multi-pass capabilities such
as XSLT modes using a dispatcher that recognized multiple handlers for
each SAX event.

Use CSS to display XML - http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/x-dw-x-xmlcss-i.html
Full XML Indexes with Gnosis - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/12/08/py-xml.html
Be humble, not imperial (in design) - http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=10286