   Re: [xml-dev] XPath and XPattern (was Re: [xml-dev] More on tamingSAX)

On Thu, 2004-12-23 at 22:50 +0000, Christian Nentwich wrote:
> Stop right now! :) This "streaming subset of XPath" is turning into a
> permathread. There is one, it's called STXPath and it's part of STX:
>
> http://stx.sourceforge.net/documents/spec-stx-20040701.html#stxpath

No.  Sorry.  STX is just one candidate.  Others have implemented the
same thing in other ways.  Why should STX be the automatic winner?

Everyone knows that "streaming subset of XPath" is an old talking point.
I think the thrust of this current thread is that it's high time for all
the diverse approaches to be distilled into a shared convention.  It
would be great if STX people would contribute to that, but not as
dictators.

Use CSS to display XML - http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/x-dw-x-xmlcss-i.html
Full XML Indexes with Gnosis - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/12/08/py-xml.html
Be humble, not imperial (in design) - http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=10286