   Re: [xml-dev] Streaming XML (WAS: More on taming SAX (was Re:[xml-dev] A

On Tue, 2004-12-28 at 12:22 -0800, Daniela Florescu wrote:
> But I also learned that a lot of reinventing the wheel is also for fun.
> I'm not gone
> comment on that. Next time I take a plane I can only cross fingers that
> the people who
> designed the air control traffic system optimized for something
> different then their
> programmers's fun.

Such scorn easily goes both ways.  The next time I take a plane I'll
cross my fingers that the fly-by-wire designers did not trust their
event/response loop to cloistered queries written for a declarative
engine designed by a grinning third party.  Not even if that third party
was part of a brotherhood of vendors who promised that because some
academic wrote a few equations on a chalkboard somewhere, the
performance and correctness of said cloistered queries are guaranteed
under any and all circumstances.

Use CSS to display XML - http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/x-dw-x-xmlcss-i.html
Full XML Indexes with Gnosis - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/12/08/py-xml.html
Be humble, not imperial (in design) - http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=10286