   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Streaming XML (WAS: More on taming SAX (was Re:[xml-de

This is unproductive. Miles makes the point that parallel
ContentHandlers wouldn't be SAX as we know it. You seem to be saying you
could design a parallel version of SAX that could work, by some
definition. Since document processing is unlikely to "work" if events
occur in an arbitrary order on arbitrary threads, I assume you mean
there would be a mechanism to control which elements could be processed
in parallel. For the result to be called XML, there would also have to
be sufficient locking to ensure that PIs arrive in document order wrt
other events, etc. It's an interesting idea.

Bob Foster
http://xmlbuddy.com/