   RE: [xml-dev] The Airplane Example (was Re: [xml-dev] Streaming XML)

>By the end of this century, I will be amazed if you will
>still be able to call yourself a 'software engineer/progammer' without a
>legally mandated certification, license and professional standards.

Which doesn't solve the problem, because good programmers write bugs too.
And the best software engineers have no idea how to prevent them.

Worse still, no one knows how to objectively distinguish good programmers
from bad programmers. Any such licensing mechanism is likely to descend into
a "Microsoft-Certified" farce.

Michael Kay

P.S. Anyone can call themselves a progammer, and by the end of this century,
standards of spelling will have descended to the level where no-one notices.