   Re: [xml-dev] SAXException, checked, buy why?

* Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com> [2005-01-03 18:51]:

> On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 11:20 -0500, Alan Gutierrez wrote:

> >     Let's say, rather than simply raise, pass, or log, you want to
> >     give the person who constructed this object a chance to fix.
> >
> >     A chance to select a different enocoding, or some such.
> >
> >     So, in addition to raise, pass, or log, how do you provide a
> >     means to fix.

> I would choose to do so by passing in a "fix_error" function of some
> sort from the parse-caller to the handler.  Functions are first-class
> objects in Python, so passing them around is a very common way of
> configuring complex behavior in that way.

    You have it too easy. You have a language specified means of
    mapping a set of exceptions to a specific handler.

    Java is making me think too hard.

    I'm thinking that I might like a way to implement a dispatch. A
    way to say that for this strategy, call this handler, for this
    strategy throwing these exceptions, call this handler.

    Hmm... Errors are not exceptions. Errors are simply more events.

Alan Gutierrez - alan@engrm.com