   RE: [xml-dev] The Airplane Example (was Re: [xml-dev] StreamingXML)

  I don't
>think I can recall having *ever* had a program fail because someone
>passed a float to a routine that expected an int.

Really !?

For an impressive example, just take a look at this:

http://www.ima.umn.edu/~arnold/disasters/ariane.html

$7 billion dollars lost in an explosion after only a couple of seconds
in flight. More then 10 years of work for tens of thousands of people.
Fortunately no human loses.

My lab at that time (INRIA) was tasked to read the millions of lines of code.
There were many problems found, but the cause of the explosion
was an unfortunate type conversion implicit in a function call if I recall
correctly.

That was enough to deviate the rocket.

Best regards,
Dana