   RE: [xml-dev] The Airplane Example (was Re: [xml-dev] StreamingXML)

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 02:11 -0500, hhalpin@ibiblio.org wrote:
> I think this entire discussion risks going into very unproductive ways.
> Instead of trying to drag up random anecdotes and argue via emotion, let's
> notice a few things.

I think the anecdotes provide the example which support your arguments.
The other human side of this which neither of your approaches address is
the interface specification. Given height as an int for a function
parameter, I test it presuming metres, you test the generation, assuming
kilometres, we have fully tested type safe software.

 Interface specifications|testing IMHO provide as much trouble as any.
And I guess this applies to XML as well as to Any Ada system.

ps
Amelia, I think your sig line should go down as a classic ;-)
(The managers lament)

--
Regards,

Dave Pawson