   RE: [xml-dev] The Airplane Example (was Re: [xml-dev] StreamingXML)

> Finally, as I recall the knight's tour XSLT, a lot of the params are
> integers.  Would you say the argument transposition error was
> fortuitously one where different WXS types *could* be
> asserted, and that
> static typing would have been no help if 2 integer values had been
> transposed (i.e. value error)?

Yes. It was (by luck) one of those errors that type checking does catch. I
fully agree that there are many errors that type checking does not catch.
But my experience with XSLT 2.0 is that type checking catches a very useful
proportion of errors, sufficient to make a lazy programmer (me) get into the
habit of declaring types on all my variables and parameters.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/