   RE: [xml-dev] The Airplane Example (was Re: [xml-dev] StreamingXML)

On Wed, 2005-01-05 at 17:28 -0600, Bullard, Claude L (Len) wrote:
> Yes.  Now we are getting into an interesting area
> of networks:  free traders and structuralists.
> Walter Perry's POV is the perfect free trader POV.
> Schemas like GJXDM represent the structuralist POV.
> Structuralists want control.   Free traders want
> opportunity.

Sorry, Len, but I think this thread ceased making sense to me about 3 of
your posts ago.  Ducks?  (I know of "duck typing" as an argument *in
favor* of dynamicism, and Google corroborates that impression), Beats?
Markov?

Whatever.  I'm done with this unproductive thread.  I suspect that as
Vladimir points out, a bunch of Java programmers and a Python programmer
are never likely to agree on the topic of typing.  Heck, back in my many
days as a C++ programmer I would have disagreed with post-1996 Uche.

If someone starts actually discussing code or angle brackets again,
maybe I'll regain some interest, but for now, I have code *and* angle
brackets to write (tons of 'em).  In my case, real work *is* more fun.

Use CSS to display XML - http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/x-dw-x-xmlcss-i.html
Full XML Indexes with Gnosis - http://www.xml.com/pub/a/2004/12/08/py-xml.html
Be humble, not imperial (in design) - http://www.adtmag.com/article.asp?id=10286
UBL 1.0 - http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-think28.html