   Re: [xml-dev] So, what's new in the world of RELAX NG?

On Saturday 08 January 2005 21:44, Michael Champion wrote:
> So, is this because RELAX NG is mature and people are productively
> using it and don't need to talk about it, or has it hit a plateau (or
> worse) in the adoption curve?

Out of every ten schemas i develop, six are XSDs, four are Schematron and only
one is a RelaxNG schema.

To explain, Schematron is an easy choice for me when all i need is structural
validation. XPath was one of the first XML technologies i learned and i have
only encountered two cases where the XML syntax of XSD or RelaxNG proved
usefull for me in the long run.

Now, when it comes to more formal schemas that do more than testing
structures, i prefer RelaxNG as an easier and more capable language. However,
chances are that partners or tools will require XSD, in this case (mostly
related to web services and data binding).

So, the answer is  i am not really using it because i have to either push for
it spending resources i don't have, or use it in places where it's not the
best solution for me. Sorry :-/

Manos