   RE: [xml-dev] A bunch of components, but no mandated organization - reas

Of course it's possible to set up a system in which anyone who receives a
customer record is expected to interpret it as meaning "please update the
information you hold on this customer". Equally, it's possible to set up a
system in which anyone who receives a customer record is expected to
interpret it as meaning "please phone this customer and find out what he
wants". Any bunch of bits you send me is meaningful if we've agreed a
protocol, and meaningless otherwise.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/