   RE: [xml-dev] XLink - anyone using?

To add to Bob's points below:

Most of the observations I've seen on this list regarding why there is
little use of Xlink make the following points:

(1) Too heavyweight (i.e. too much information required to describe
links, even in the simplest mode)
(2) Includes presentation aspects with data in a manner that was not
originally intended for XML

Kind Regards,
Joseph Chiusano
Booz Allen Hamilton
Strategy and Technology Consultants to the World