   Re: [xml-dev] find with XPath over file system

Hi Oleg,

Le mercredi 26 janvier 2005 à 17:03 +0300, Oleg Paraschenko a écrit :
>   Hello,
>
>   might be of some interest:
>
> find with XPath over file system
> http://uucode.com/texts/xfind/index.html
>
> <quote>
>
> The standard UNIX utility "find" now supports XPath:
>
> $ ./find -xpath '/bin/*[@size > /bin/bash/@size]'
> /bin/ipv6calc
> /bin/rpm

This is pretty cool. I can't imagine how useful that would be to get
that available from XSLT transformations:

<xsl:for-each select="document(fs:find)/bin/*[@size
> /bin/bash/@size]"/>

I like the way you've preferred to match the /bin directory on the /bin
XPath instead of using some kind of /directory[@name="bin"]
convention...

However, I am wondering how you deal with filenames that are no valid
XML names (or that contain colons)...

Can you elaborate on that point?

Thanks,

Eric