   CFP : Pattens in XML

Dear All,

The recent thread about 3 rules for design principles got me thinking
(again) about the possibility of seeing these things as *patterns*
within a *context* rather than principles.

It seemed a good opportunity then for a shameless plug :). Below is a
call for participation on the review of the text for "Patterns In XML".
  Please considering participating.

To offset the bad karma of the plug, let me inform you that the
resulting manuscript will be available in electronic form before it goes
to the presses to any interested xml-deviants.

All the best,
	F.

---
Call For Participation

Patterns in XML
ChiliPLoP 2005 Hot Topic

This group will deal with the discussion, practical application, and
refinement of 6 of the 24 patterns contained in the upcoming Addisson
Wesley book "Patterns in XML".

This effort continues the work started in Illinois during PLoP 2004, and
will be (hopefully :)) the final public review of the manuscript.

Goals

Put a significant number of patterns through the scrutiny of the
ChiliPlop conference, making sure they are as tightly-written and useful
as possible.

Put the patterns to work against real life examples brought by the
participants and see how well they perform.

Requirements

Prior to the workshop participants must have:

* Read the Chapters, which will be publicly available a month before the
conference.
* Have a significant experience with XML and/or Patterns. Seasoned
Pattern writers who can attest the quality of the chapters are
especially welcome.
* [Optional/Recommended] participants should bring one or more
modeling/processing/transforming problems so the patterns can be applied
against them.

Application

Send an email to fabio@postgraphy.com by Tuesday, February 10, 2005.

Activities

* We will jointly review the patterns in the traditional writer's
workshop style of ChiliPLoP (There will be at least one chapter/pattern
for each section of the  book (Structuring, Processing, Transforming,
Generating).

*We will jointly analyze, apply, and yes, code a solution to 4 xml
processing problems using the patterns as guidance.

Important Dates

February 1-10, 2005: Submit your request to participate (a note
indicating your interest should be enough). We will notify you if you
have been selected to participate within a couple of days of your
submission.

February 15, 2005: Early registration deadline.

March 22-25, 2005: Work on it.

What's in it for me?

Apart from the invaluable learning experience :) participants will  get
free copies of the book when it comes out, and  providers of major
feedback will get Acknowledgment credit in the book.