   Re: [xml-dev] This week's XML Puzzler

>Of course if you meant "external entity" then the answer is different:
>
>a. 0 bytes
>b. 0 bytes
>c. 21 bytes (the length of the textDecl: <?xml version="1.1"?>)
>d. 21 bytes

There is a problem with measuring it in bytes.  I could have an
encoding called "foo" in which a single byte represents the same as
ascii:

  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="foo">
  <!DOCTYPE a [
  <!ELEMENT a EMPTY>
  ]>
  <a/>

Perhaps you need to restrict it to documents that can be read by any
conforming parser, or measure the size in characters.

-- Richard