   Re: [xml-dev] @href or @src?

On Saturday 12 February 2005 02:28, Micah Dubinko wrote:
> In XHTML (and XForms) a consistent pattern is emerging.
>
> href means something the user chooses to traverse, and link activation
> generally replaces the entire document
>
> src means something that automatically traverses, and link activation
> generally replaces something smaller than the entire document

Yes, now it makes sense to me too, assuming I*m not wrong. A href and src are
both references, but the /essense/ of the former is to literally be a
reference(that is its purpose), while it for the latter only is a mechanism
for achieving something else.

> Both of these are defined in such a way that through modularization
> techniques they can be (and in XHTML 2.0 actually are) defined across
> arbitrary elements.
>
> And yes, by this measure, XInclude is using the wrong attribute name.
> <shrug>

Yes, according to that system. For curiosity: I had a feel of XInclude being
spot on, probably because href is more common than src(well, that's a
subjective matter).

Cheers,

		Frans