   Re: [xml-dev] Re: Where does the "nothing left but toolkits" mythcome fr

Because it would allow the date to be stored in two (o four or whatever)
bytes, the same way they are stored in databases. Same is true with
integers, floats, etc. This is very tempting when designing a binary XML
format.

Sounds like Fast Infoset does this right.

-- Ron