   The Stealth Specs: XQuery / XSLT publish 10 Working Drafts

  • To: "'XML Developers List'" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: The Stealth Specs: XQuery / XSLT publish 10 Working Drafts
  • From: Jonathan Robie <jonathan.robie@datadirect.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:39:47 -0500

Nobody seems to have noticed, but the XQuery / XSLT Working Groups
published 10 Working Drafts on 11 February. As always, comments on these
Working Drafts should be directed to our public comments list:

public-qt-comments@w3.org

One of these Working Drafts is new - the XQuery Update Facility
Requirements. Many of you have been asking for updates for a long time,
and have heard talks based on various proposals since 2001. We are now
pursuing that, starting with a requirements document:

XQuery Update Facility Requirements
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-xquery-update-requirements-20050211/

Most of the other Working Drafts are just updates of the 29 October
Working Drafts, reflecting further processing of our issues lists.
Consult the change logs in these documents for details:

XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Data Model
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-xpath-datamodel-20050211/

XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Functions and Operators
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-xpath-functions-20050211/

XML Path Language (XPath) 2.0
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-xpath20-20050211

XQuery 1.0: An XML Query Language
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-xquery-20050211/

XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Formal Semantics
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-xquery-semantics-20050211/

XML Syntax for XQuery 1.0 (XQueryX)
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-xqueryx-20050211

XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Serialization
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-xslt-xquery-serialization-20050211/

XSL Transformations (XSLT) Version 2.0
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-xslt20-20050211/

The XQuery Use Cases document that was published along with these other
specs was originally due to be published earlier, and is based on the 29
October Working Drafts:

XML Query Use Cases
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-xquery-use-cases-20050211/

Happy reading!