   The Stealth Specs: XQuery / XSLT publish 10 Working Drafts

  • To: "'XML Developers List'" <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>
  • Subject: The Stealth Specs: XQuery / XSLT publish 10 Working Drafts
  • From: Jonathan Robie <jonathan.robie@datadirect.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 17:39:47 -0500

Nobody seems to have noticed, but the XQuery / XSLT Working Groups
published 10 Working Drafts on 11 February. As always, comments on these
Working Drafts should be directed to our public comments list:

One of these Working Drafts is new - the XQuery Update Facility
Requirements. Many of you have been asking for updates for a long time,
and have heard talks based on various proposals since 2001. We are now
pursuing that, starting with a requirements document:

XQuery Update Facility Requirements

Most of the other Working Drafts are just updates of the 29 October
Working Drafts, reflecting further processing of our issues lists.
Consult the change logs in these documents for details:

XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Data Model

XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Functions and Operators

XML Path Language (XPath) 2.0

XQuery 1.0: An XML Query Language

XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Formal Semantics

XML Syntax for XQuery 1.0 (XQueryX)

XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Serialization

XSL Transformations (XSLT) Version 2.0

The XQuery Use Cases document that was published along with these other
specs was originally due to be published earlier, and is based on the 29
October Working Drafts:

XML Query Use Cases

Happy reading!