   RE: [xml-dev] Why associate an attribute with a namespace ?

  • To: <mihaiu@mihaiu.name>
  • Subject: RE: [xml-dev] Why associate an attribute with a namespace ?
  • From: "Dare Obasanjo" <dareo@microsoft.com>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:45:45 -0800
  • Cc: <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>

I have but obviously you have either failed to read or understand the

>     Namespace are necessary for elements, there is no doubpt
> about it. But an attribute only has meaning embedded in an
> element. Namespaces allows you to uniquely identify elements.
> From elements you can reach the attributes. You cannot access
> the attributes without their enclosing element anyway.
>
>     Let me put the problem from another perspective: is it
> useful to have element A in namespace AAA and its attribute B
> in namespace BBB ?

Considering that it is a widespread practice in various XML technologies
today, it would seem the answer is Yes.

Anyway, I have work to do so you can enjoy trolling someone else.

--
PITHY WORDS OF WISDOM
No matter how long or how hard you shop for an item, after you've bought

rights.