   Re: [xml-dev] What should TrAX look like? (Was: Re: [xml-dev] Article on

Michael Kay wrote:
> Only, I think, by forcing the "arbitrary model" to implement some kind
> of
> standard interface like SAX or DOM - and that would defeat the whole
> purpose, even if it were an improved SAX or an improved DOM.

I agree with Michael.

I also go so far as to say that the discussion is a bit misdirected:
the apparently poor encapsulation of Source is more of a symptom of the
fact that TrAX transformers (e.g., XSLT processors but potentially STX
or XQuery or...?) need to be able to implement their underlying model
however they so choose.  Source is little more than a marker interface,
and the thing that makes sense (at least to me) is to have
off-the-beaten-path Source implementations (e.g., for a pull parser)
exhibit enough polymorphism (implement SAXSource, DOMSource, etc.) to
make them useful and reasonably portable for consumption by different
Transformer implementations.

	-- Paul