   Re: [xml-dev] Transmitting XML between different applications

  • To: Antonio Jose Jimeno Yepes <antonio.jimeno@cui.unige.ch>
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] Transmitting XML between different applications
  • From: Mukul Gandhi <mukul_gandhi@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 04:57:20 -0800 (PST)
  • Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org
  • Comment: DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys

Hi Antonio,
  Thanks for your suggestions.. In my application,
transmitting XML seems a necessity. There is a client
application, which will request to run a business
logic(for e.g. a EJB on a J2EE server). Had it been a
normal web application I can directly invoke the EJB
from the client, without transmitting XML. Or use
RMI/CORBA as you have suggested. But my client can be
Web browser, WAP phone, SMS request or IVR. For any
client type, the business logic component will be
same(i.e. the same EJB). There will be an adpater(a
library) for each client type, which will translate
client data(encoded in its protocol) to XML. This
request XML will be stored in a messaging store(for
reliable delivery). The XML will then be passed to the
business logic.

The Business logic component will return XML as
result. A "client type" specific XSLT stylesheet will
be applied to the XML, and the result of XSLT
transformation will be sent to the client specific
adapter, which will forward the result to the client.

In this scenario, I feel XML is the right choice. And,
XSLT seems a good choice to cater to multiple client
types..

Regards,
Mukul

--- Antonio Jose Jimeno Yepes