   RE: Re: [xml-dev] What should TrAX look like? (Was: Re: [xml-dev] Articl

> And if you pass it
>
> public class EmptySource implements Source{
>
> 	private String systemId = "http://www.example.com/myidentifier";;
>

> 	public void setSystemId(String systemId){ this.systemId =
> systemId; }
>
> 	public String getSystemId(){ return this.systemId; }
> }
>
> what does it do? After all this class faithfully implements the Source
> interface.

You know the answer to your question. But it doesn't address my point. You
claimed that defining the interface to accept Source was no better than
defining it to accept Object. I pointed out that it was better, because
defining it as Source would catch many type errors.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/