   Re: [xml-dev] REST, SOAP, Speech Acts and the mustUnderstand model of SO

  • To: sean.mcgrath@propylon.com
  • Subject: Re: [xml-dev] REST, SOAP, Speech Acts and the mustUnderstand model of SOA communications (was: Re: What Does SOAP/WS Do that A REST System Can't?)
  • From: Joe Gregorio <joe.gregorio@gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 09:31:30 -0500
  • Cc: xml-dev@lists.xml.org

Excellent, an enumeration is the right way to go with this. The advantage
is that you can then dip into negative numbers:

xml:mustUnderstand="-1" - The recipient MUST NOT understand
the message fragment.

xml:mustUnderstand="-2" - The recipient MUST willfully misinterpret
the message fragment.

xml:mustUnderstand="-3" - The recipient MUST willfully misinterpret
part of the message while generating error messages that include
ad hominem attacks on the author of the message fragment.

xml:mustUnderstand="-5" - The recipient MUST willfully misinterpret
part of the message in a libelous manner while claiming to have
invented the format and claiming you are using it wrong.

   -joe