   Re: [xml-dev] Re: What Does SOAP/WS Do that A REST System Can't?

Mukul Gandhi wrote:
--- David Lyon <david.lyon@computergrid.net> wrote:

I don't have experiance working on hardwares that
existed before 1988.

Actually in 1988 I was 15 years of age and was
studying in school. I did a "1 month" refresher course
of BASIC language in this year. This was my first
introduction to computers. In that course I mostly
wrote addition/subtraction programs, and few drawing
programs(completely using DRAW(x,y) calls, where x,y
are the coordinates, and MOVE(x,y) to shift the cursor
to a specific coordinate). The h/w m/c was 8086 and
the BASIC compiler was command line based running on
DOS 3.0. I did'nt use BASIC after this at all.

Then there was a gap of 4 years when I did'nt see the
computer. In 1992 I started using computer regularly.
The programming language I started in 1992 was PASCAL.
I used to run PASCAL on a 8088 DOS m/c having 4.77 MHz
RAM. We carried the BORLAND PASCAL compiler in a 5.4"
floopy disk. Everything was done on floopy. PC did'nt
had the hard disk.. It only provided RAM. I used to
think the PC was quite fast! I used PASCAL for about
1.5 years. Then I started with C programming in  UNIX
environment. I did C for 3 years and enjoyed very much
(wrote arrays, trees, linked lists and what not! I
even made system calls to UNIX!).

Later I entered the professional world with Oracle,
HTML and JavaScript.

And now it is a different story!

Regards,
Mukul

    This discussion has nothing to do with XML. Please do it privately.

--
Regards,
Razvan

SCJP preparation material: