   Re: [xml-dev] Re: What Does SOAP/WS Do that A REST System Can't?

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 6:05 am, Mukul Gandhi wrote:
> The programming language I started in 1992 was PASCAL.
> I used to run PASCAL on a 8088 DOS m/c having 4.77 MHz
> RAM. We carried the BORLAND PASCAL compiler in a 5.4"
> floopy disk. Everything was done on floopy. PC did'nt
> had the hard disk.. It only provided RAM. I used to
> think the PC was quite fast! I used PASCAL for about
> 1.5 years. Then I started with C programming in  UNIX
> environment. I did C for 3 years and enjoyed very much
> (wrote arrays, trees, linked lists and what not! I
> even made system calls to UNIX!).

I think Pascal is an excellent language, especially for doing XML (it's
certainly my favourite).

Pascal has powerful string handling capabilities that are not found in C or
assembler. Oh yes, java is of course roughly the same but that came a lot
later and does things in a completely different (pcode) way.

Anyway... it's obvious that there are thought police about trying to stop all
evil acts of individuality and personal reflection... we must return to being
the repetitive corporate drones with the suits and ties.. and making the xml
systems that please the boss but makes the customer sigh.....

Take care

David