   RE: [xml-dev] XLINK support in browsers

Michael Kay wrote:
> (As you see, I'm not a fan of the idea of using URIs to refer to
> real-world objects as distinct from machine-readable resources.)

Yeah, well just wait until they start mass-producing those machines
popularized by "The Fly".  Instead of futily crying "Help me" (as in the
Vincent Price version, not the what-his-name one), he would have -- thanks
to his real-world URI -- been transported out of the web (the spider kind)
in a SOAP envelope, thus saving himself from imminent Dinnerhood.

/Jelks