   Re: [xml-dev] Problem parsing XML file with Xerces-J

On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 5:00 am, Midsummer Sun wrote:
> Hope this question is not off topic..
>
> I have successfully written my program after solving the problem I
> posted here. It achieves the result, but the performance is a bit
> slow.
>
> I need to enhance the performance..

Oh, I see...

try using persistant http connections... that is, don't open/close
the connection for every node.

that way the connections will stay open between loops...

At the moment you look like you are opening and closing one connection for
each node.

Just leave all the connections open... 500 is not a lot....

try using some sort of list mechanism to manage the connections.

I think I can see why it's slow... you need to think a bit "bigger"

David

--
Computergrid : The ones with the most connections win.